Regulatory & Compliance
We are a full-service firm focused on the oilfield.
OTA Environmental provides compliance and regulatory services at the local level by having field offices in the major shale and conventional basins of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
Our diverse staff of environmental scientists and engineers understand the everyday difficulties and demands that go along with managing and resolving environmental issues in the oil patch, the office, and with stakeholders.
Stakeholder Compliance Concerns
- Landowner/Surface Owner Concerns
- Response to State or Federal Agency Directives
- Regulatory Negotiations
- Support Environmental Insurance Claims
- Air Analysis
- Regular SPCC and Compliance Inspections
- Pipeline Impact Evaluations
- Right of Way Assessments
- Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments
- Pipeline SWPPP Compliance Inspections
- Leak Surveys
- Emissions Inventory
- Environmental Audits Wetland Delineation
Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans
During your initial planning phase, OTA can determine which of your facilities would require a Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan per the applicability criteria specified in 40 CFR, Part 112.1 and 112.9.
SPCC Plan applicability determinations can be accomplished through site visits and a thorough review of topographic maps, aerial photographs, site-specific precipitation data, site drainage pathways, prior spill history, storage capacity, and proximity of each site to navigable waters.
Based upon the SPCC Plan applicability determinations, OTA will prepare Certified Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans to prevent discharges of oil to navigable waters.
The primary elements that OTA Environmental includes for each SPCC Plan are:
- Adequate passive diked secondary containment around bulk storage containers (110% of the volume of the largest container or volume of largest containers plus rainfall from a 24-hour 25-year storm water event)
- Equipment Inventories
- Site Diagrams and descriptions of all ongoing activities, equipment, piping, and storage present at the station
- Environmental equivalence descriptions and rationale for active (i.e., non-passive) containment
- Adequate site security to protect against vandalism
- Site visits and facility inspections
- SPCC Plan certified by a Professional Engineer
Incident Investigation, Characterization, and Reporting
- Release Investigations
- Spill Response Coordination
- Third Party Site Characterization/Sampling
- Remediation Design, Planning, and Implementation
- Water Quality Sampling
- Monitor Well Installation
- Surface and Subsurface Sampling
- Data Evaluation & Reporting
- Voluntary Cleanup Program Management
- Air Compliance & Permitting
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Emissions Inventory
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting
- Method 22
- Direct Measurement
Impactful Environmental Insights for the Oil & Gas Sector
Our data and analytics modules provide you with intelligence to rapidly assess the environmental performance of oil and gas assets and companies, streamline benchmarking, improve regulatory compliance, identify highest impact improvement opportunities or inform investment decisions.